Thursday, September 19, 2013

Cubic Right Angle Weave Pendant


After completing the right angle weave, tear drop shaped pendant, I thought it was about time I learn how to do the cubic right angle weave. Fortunately, as I was "googling" for C.R.A.W., I found Marcia DeCoster's blog: maddesignsbeads.blogspot.com . It features the "Easy Peasy Crystal Earrings" also called the "Thirty Minutes Earrings". I took Marcia's suggestion and started with 3mm round Swarovski pearls, which is easy for a beginner like me  to work with. I had so much fun with C.R.A.W that instead of making a pair of earrings, I ended up with this pendant!






This new issue of Beadwork features the "Crystal Scepter Earrings" designed by Julie Anstaett. One of the techniques to make these beautiful earrings is C.R.A.W.. The directions are very easy to follow that I could use as a resource to quickly learn how to do the weave. My next project will be making the earrings.


No comments:

Post a Comment