Monday, July 29, 2013

Cup-Chain Bracelets

I just love the beautiful, dainty "Diamond Decadence" necklace designed by Regina Atkins in this Bead & Button issue. However, I didn't have all the needed materials and the correct size cup-chain.



I had to modify the pattern by adding in size 11 seed beads with size 15 seed beads for each right-angle weave unit to fit each cup in the chain.



I also did two-needle right-angle weave which I think is quicker to do.



The front of the bracelet was done....



...now the back of the bracelet.



I made a bracelet instead. I always wanted a diamond tennis bracelet but couldn't afford one!




...and why settle for one bracelet when you can now afford two?  Therefore, I made another one with smaller size cup-chain.



Just four 3mm bugles, for each right-angle weave unit, perfectly fit each small cup.



Since the cup-chain is smaller, I decided to add another row.







A loop of seed beads was made to attach the clasp.



A picot of size 15 seed beads or small drop bead can fill the gaps. I opted for size 11 seed beads.



Front of the bracelet



Back of the bracelet




3 comments:

  1. OMG what a pretty Bracelets. This is my first time to this site but my friend has told me about your work and you are very very good!
    Bead Bracelets

    ReplyDelete